To all North East key players and Chapter presidents,
Please work with myself and the board of directors to help promote this great program. Many of you have not yet been introduced to our new director of membership, Joe Syrowik, but he is the new sheriff in town leading our membership department. He dove in head first at the convention leading a focus group at each morning to get a feel from the membership present as to what some of the challenges in growing our membership could be. He will be a true asset to our office staff and I urge each of you to drop him a quick note to introduce yourselves. I believe with just a bit of an effort we can raise our ranks in the North East to what they were in the past putting us way out in front as the largest and strongest region in the country. We are all one big Ohana , family, and I know if we work together we can accomplish this goal. Please pass this message on to all of your members, by email if you can, I know most of you don’t meet again until September and please lead off your first meeting with the enclosed flier. Thank you and have a great day ! If you have any questions you can always call or email me.
I’m pleased to announce our 90-Day Chef-to-Chef Challenge that encourages and supports ACF Members to recruit new Professional Members.
Any help you can provide to “spread the word” and build enthusiasm for the Challenge is greatly appreciated. Below are key points of the Challenge you may want to be aware of:
- Starts August 1st, and ends October 31st
- ACF Members are encouraged to recruit as many new Professional Members as possible (lapsed Members over 6 months are eligible and count as “new”)
- Each new Professional Member receives a FREE chef coat
- Recruiting Chefs earn the following rewards at the end of 90 days:
- Recruit 1-4 Members and receive a FREE chef coat
- Recruit 5-10 Members and receive a FREE chef coat AND pants
- Recruit 11+ Members and receive a FREE chef coat AND pants – and, membership or certification plaque (also entered to win $500 AMEX gift card)
- Special Chapter Incentive: 2 Chapters will win a customized Chapter Marketing kit at the end of the Challenge which includes:
- Marketing/Communications consultation call with ACF Director of Marketing & Communications – Renee Brust
- Personalized pull-up banner
- Personalized tablecloth
- Membership marketing materials
- ACF membership promotional items/giveaways
Note: The 2 winning Chapters are selected as follows: 1) Chapter with the most new Members during Challenge and 2) Chapter with greatest percent Member increase during Challenge.
ACF promoted the Chef-to-Chef Challenge during the Annual Convention and will do so throughout the campaign. Tactics include email, The Culinary Insider, Social Media and Chapter communications.
A limited supply of Chef-to-Chef Challenge promotional postcards are available for distribution as well (see attached). Please let me know if you’d like us to send you (or any specific Chapter) a few of them.
Thank You for your support in this effort and please let me know if you have any comments, suggestions or questions.
Enjoy your day.
Joe Syrowik, MBA | Director of Membership Development | American Culinary Federation, Inc. |
180 Center Place Way St. Augustine, FL 32095 | Direct: (904) 484-0210 | (800) 624-9458 Ext. 210 | Fax (904) 940-0741 | www.acfchefs.org