MESSAGE FROM THE ACF-LI BOARD OF DIRECTORS
To each of you and your families, we wish you a safe, joyful a celebration as possible during this holy week. Although it will be different than traditional celebrations, a safely distanced Passover, Good Friday, Easter weekend, and some mental rest no doubt is just what we need during all the stresses of this pandemic. Much is unknown about the future and the reality is that it will be deeply impacted by our actions today.
Stay home. Save lives. Stop the spread. Do not let your guard down and contribute to this virus spreading or the curve taking an uptick. During this time of uncertainty, the ACF-LI is certain to band together. All members can ask Here EBOD questions, or just reply here to provide suggestions or request support. As a chapter we will continue to put updates out on a regular basis and encourage you to share content if you or your place of business has services we can promote. Based on a suggestion from Chef Roland, this past week we hosted our first virtual chapter Zoom meeting. Please take a moment to listen to the timely keynote presentation, WTF “WHAT THE FORK” by Denise Sutter, Leadership Consultant & Life Coach. Recording Link Here.
According to the best available data from hospitals, and world-class health experts, NY Sate is flattening the curve and although the state percentage of new cases are increasing on Long Island from NYC, like a fire spreading east, we must do our individual part to protect our community. Staying home will reduce the continued stress & heroic efforts of our medical professionals, first responders, and essential workers.
This is certainly hitting closer to home than all of us would like. Medically speaking, economically speaking, mentally speaking and spiritually. It is ok to have mixed emotions and take some time for your self. The ACF-LI would like to encourage you when ready, to also take advantage of this mandated ‘COVID-19 Period of Time’ to do some self-improvement, take a class, join a webinar on a topic that interests you, if each of us do our part we are better positioned to come out of this stronger than ever before.
ACF-LI THIS PAST MONDAY HELD VIRTUAL MEETING | DEMO: WTF‘WHAT THE FORK?’
- Recording Link Here Denise Sutter contact: email@example.com
- As a follow up to the webinars, Denise offered 5 members = Pro Bono individual coaching for 3 months
- Focused on development/transformation – Member Agrees to: commit to their coaching sessions being recorded, shared only for Denise’s coaching development and credentialing application.
WHITSONS IS HIRING TO HELP FEED NYC
- Whitsons is currently looking for people who are willing to work to prepare 6 day meal kits for NYC. All work will be processed out of the Whitsons facility:1800 Motor Pkwy, Islandia, NY 11749.
- If interested please click on the following
ACF UNITED WEBINAR SERIES
- ACF National put together several #ACFUnited Webinars
- The recordings are already free of charge on YouTube Link | ACF Online Learning Center (for 1 CEH)
- Apr 15, 2020 03:00 PM Eastern Time Click here to Register
- ACF United: Culinary Education, Best Practices in Challenging Times
- The Panel of Chef Instructors from across the country will discuss the state of foodservice education and the challenges currently being experienced by students and programs. Discussion to include best practices and innovative education solutions for secondary and post-secondary
- ACF has available for pick-up/drop off from Smithtown @ $2.50 / Unit
- We made a purchase of 280 units. Splitting, sharing with friends, or family welcome
- Order here – https://my.cheddarup.com/c/hand-sanitizer-order-form
- $2.50 per 2 oz unit. Order minimum $350 per shipping address (continental U.S.)
Crisis Text Line: 741-741 for free, confidential, 24/7 help or call mental health professional, 1-844-863-9314
Unemployment Here to file for NY State unemployment |You may be eligible for full salary for up to 4 months
JOB PLACEMENT (Hiring or Looking) EmailRoland.Iadanza@Lichefs.com
- Any member who is out of work and uncertain of their job status may submit their resumes in confidence to Roland through email. There are opportunities opening currently and when we get through this pandemic there will be numerous openings to fill.
- Employers hiring please submit employment requests through email with position, location, and contact information along with any other relevant information (website, start date, & salary)
- Please spread the word to associates, colleagues etc, Let’s all be prepared and proactive
Where can I get more information about coronavirus?
- Here For World Health Organization – WHO Updates and resources to protect yourself
- Here To Centers for Disease Control – CDC Protect Yourself & What TO-DO If You Are Sick
- Here To New York State Department of Health Updates
- Here To NYC Department of Health Updates
- Here To Nassau County CVOID-19 Updates Page / Coronavirus Hotline: (516) 227-9570
- Here To Suffolk County CVOID-19 Updates Page
Please stay safe and healthy.