American Culinary Federation Long Island Chapter
2023 Scholarship Application
Please click on the following link for the application:
Eligibility Information DEADLINE May 22, 2023
To be considered by the scholarship committee, an applicant must:
- ? Be an exemplary student.
- ? Maintain Member status in good standing with the ACFLI Chapter and have goodattendance to all meetings.
- ? Currently be enrolled in a high school culinary program or two/four year postsecondary culinary program or a professional level certificate program.
- ? Have a career goal of becoming a chef or pastry chef.
- ? Have official transcripts (sealed) from your culinary program.All applications* must be e-mailed no later than May 22, 2023 to: SCHOLARSHIPS@LICHEFS.COM.
*NOTE- ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE
SUBMITTED VIA E-MAIL IN A PDF FILE.
NO OTHER FORM OF APPLICATION
WILL BE ACCEPTED
CONFIRMATION EMAILS WILL BE SENT ONCE YOUR
APPLICATION IS RECEIVED. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE A
CONFIRMATION EMAIL OF RECEIPT PLEASE EMAIL
ACFLONGISLAND@YAHOO.COM ON OR BEFORE 5/22/23!!
Please provide the following documents in PORTFOLIO FORMAT in a PDF file:
(NOTE- All applications submitted MUST be in PORTFOLIO FORMAT. Applications that are NOT submitted in PORTFOLIO FORMAT will NOT be reviewed for scholarship consideration. If you have any questions regarding the format requirements, email the ACF Long Island Scholarship Committee at email@example.com).
- ? Completed application. (You may create your own application style, as long as all information on this application is included)
- ? Two letters of recommendation from industry and/or culinary professionals. (This person may not be related to the applicant in any manner)
- ? Professional Picture in Chef Coat & Toque
- ? Current portfolio of culinary work, food and active community services. (NOTE- Only portfolio format will be accepted!! Include pictures and as much material as possible, include documentation of awards, certificates etc.)
- ? Letter of acceptance or application to post secondary school.
- ? Official transcript showing current GPA.
- ? Recipients selected by American Culinary Federation Long Island Chapter Scholarship Awards Committee will be announced at the ACFLI End of Year BBQ on June 12, 2023.
ALL APPLICANTS ARE EXPECTED TO BE IN