Joint Message from our Chairman/President
We are sending out a special email to our members to stay in touch during these trying times. We want everyone to stay healthy, but informed. We have some purveyors who are doing delivery of food items that can benefit you and your friends. We can’t get together to do what we do best which is cook for people, but we can possibly help get groceries to people.
The Executive Board will be doing periodic conference calls and sending out updates to aid our members. If any of you the members are home from work or are employed by businesses which can provide curbside delivery of goods, please let one of the board members know and we will add you to the list being provided. We are not necessarily looking for anything free, as we want to support those sponsors who support us. We are merely trying to help them out as the help us.
We will get through this, but it is good to help each other. We don’t want anyone exposing themselves unnecessarily so if it isn’t something you are doing now, don’t alter your routine.
Please stay safe and we will be in contact with you through this.
Chef Paul C Jensen CEC,AAC
Chef Andrew Whitcomb CEC
Chairman of the Board ACFLI
We are going to be sending out updates on a regular basis and encourage you to share content if you or your place of business has services we can promote during this time of uncertainty, the ACF-LI is certain to band together. All members can ask Here EBOD questions, provide suggestions or request support.
Need Supplies – Here are some Useful links:
- Chris LaVecchia, Private Chef is doing meal prep – email@example.com
- Link Here Grocery stores like Stop & Shop will offer special shopping hours for older customers, who are at higher risk for severe cases of COVID-19.
- Stores will be open from 6 a.m. to 7:30 a.m.
- Link Here for Organic & Conventional Produce Home Delivery Options
- Order by midnight for next day delivery (starting with Monday, Wednesday, Saturday delivery)
- $25 minimum and Free delivery for orders over $50
- Here To Ready Refresh In-Home Water Delivery Service
- ($50 off first order plus free delivery with reoccurring)
- Here To D’Artagnan – for premium fresh meats, chicken, steaks, duck, foie gras, and groceries
- 20% off select items and refer a friend give $25, get $25
- Here For Peapod
- Here Restaurant Depot is available on InstaCart
- (Free first delivery)
- Here To Grainger’s Emergency Response – COMMUNICABLE DISEASE CHECKLIST and they also sell tools, light bulbs, etc. for in-home delivery if you are looking to complete home repairs
- Etc. etc.
Want to help? Here are a few links and ways how:
- Here Ronald McDonald House Charity of Long Island
- looking for meals for 80 dropped off or $500 donations to cover meals
- Here to Lighthouse Mission in Bellport, NY
- Here Pronto People Helping People of Long Island Inc.
- Can donate funds, or drop off ingredients to be deployed into the Brentwood and greater Long Island community
- Have another Charity you know of that needs help? Email Here EBOD
Click Here for full ACF CVOID-19 Update Page / National Travel and Activity Status
- Updated: March 19, 2020
- We are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization’s statements regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and following guidelines from these agencies and the local health departments.
- The wellbeing of our members, associates and partners is of paramount importance
- ACF members are facing difficult and uncertain financial futures, due to the disruption of life as we know it… the potential reduction in forces, furloughs and/or closures of businesses, etc. One of the ways we can assist you, is with your membership renewals. Therefore, beginning immediately, and throughout the next six months, should you not be able to renew your membership, please call Membership at the ACF National Office, or email Membership@ACFChefs.net, so we can make arrangements for you.
- Here Donate to ACF Disaster Response commission
Where can I get more information about coronavirus?
- New York State Department of Health
- Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Hotline: 1-888-364-3065
- https://www.health.ny.gov/(translations available)
- Additional Governmental CVOID-19 Links below:
- Here For World Health Organization – WHO Updates and resources to protect yourself
- Here To Centers for Disease Control – CDC Protect Yourself & What TO-DO If You Are Sick
- Here To New York State Department of Health Updates
- Here To NYC Department of Health Updates
- Here To Nassau County CVOID-19 Updates Page / Coronavirus Hotline: 516-227-9570
- Here To Suffolk County CVOID-19 Updates Page
Find us on social media, and follow us for updated industry and community news.
Please stay safe and healthy.
Please follow us on Instagram and follow us on Facebook.