We believe in supporting the next generation of culinary talent and are proud to offer these opportunities to help individuals achieve their goals in the culinary industry. Learn more about the requirements and application process for each scholarship and take the first step towards pursuing your passion for cooking.
Winter 2023 Scholarship Application
DEADLINE: December 20th, 2023
To be considered by the scholarship committee, an applicant must:
Be an exemplary student
Maintain Member status in good standing with the ACFLI Chapter and have good attendance to all meetings
Currently be enrolled in a high school culinary program or two/four year post secondary culinary program or a professional level certificate program.
Have a career goal of becoming a chef or pastry chef.
Have official transcripts (sealed) from your culinary program.
*ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED VIA
E-MAIL IN A PDF FILE. NO OTHER FORM OF APPLICATION
WILL BE ACCEPTED. CONFIRMATION EMAILS WILL BE SENT ONCE YOUR APPLICATION IS RECEIVED.
All applications* must be e-mailed no later than December 20th, 2023 to:
Please provide the following documents in PORTFOLIO FORMAT in a PDF file: (All applications submitted MUST be in PORTFOLIO FORMAT. Applications that are NOT submitted in PORTFOLIO FORMAT will NOT be reviewed for scholarship consideration.
• Completed application. (You may create your own application style, as long as all information on this application is included)
• Two letters of recommendation from industry and/or culinary professionals. (This person may not be related to the applicant in any manner)
• Professional Picture in Chef Coat & Toque
• Current portfolio of culinary work, food and active community services. (Only portfolio format will be accepted!!)
• Include pictures and as much material as possible, include documentation of awards, certificates etc.
• Letter of acceptance or application to post secondary school
•Official transcript showing current GPA.
• Recipients selected by American Culinary Federation Long Island Chapter Scholarship Awards Committee will be announced at the ACFLI Annual Awards Gala – Details to follow.